Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie

Friday, June 5, 2009

It's Not Over Yet...

The rollercoaster ride continued over the last couple of days. As I was getting ready to leave the house on Wendesday to take Riley to daycare and go to my doctor appointment, I all of a sudden had a GUSH of blood . In both of my pregnancies, I have never experienced any bleeding. So we immediately went to the hospital to see what was going on. They did an initial examination and couldn't figure out what it happened, but we were all glad to see/hear that baby Connor was doing well. As a result of the unexplained bleeding I again had to be admitted to the hospital.

They did an ultrasound and still couldn't figure out why the bleeding happened. They did determine that I will likely have another small baby though. Right now at 36 weeks Connor is measuring only 5 lbs. 3 oz! The bleeding stopped over the course of the day and my doctor and the perinatologist (who by the why suggested I just make an appointment to come in to the hospital next Wednesday, haha) suspect that my placenta possibly started to separate from the wall of the uterus but then the blood clotted and the separation did not continue.

So, I was released from the hospital yesterday (Thursday) at 5:30 PM after 24 hours of no bleeding. My doctor has put me on some more strict "modified bedrest" until I deliver to prevent any unnecessary stress on my body that would cause additional bleeding. Thankfully Steve's mom is coming to stay next week to help with Riley because today is her last day of daycare!

Here is a picture from the hospital showing my belly at 36 weeks (under the gown, of course).

3 comments:

Aurora Raine said...

Beth, I've been thinking about you! All my best wishes for a healthy end to this, and I will continue to keep you in my thoughts!!

The Cohen's said...

Just thinking of you and hoping that Conner comes on his own... you've been through so much already and what a reward to just HOLD him finally!!! :)

juliedonahue said...

I love to see your bright smile in this picture even though I know you can't be that thrilled about still being pregnant! I'm so glad that Connor is FINALLY here now!